Sunday, November 11, 2007

It is still Sunday

I started the day earlier than I would have liked with a phone call from the guy who's allegedly trying to sell my house. (Truthfully, agents aren't knocking themselves out as sellers' agents - they're knocking themselves out as buyers' agents.) The people were coming up from New York and would be here between 11 and 12.

The timing seemed uncanny, since just yesterday I was telling my grandparents that I figured that househunting season was just about finished (winter isn't a hot time in the real estate business, especially when the holidays are approaching) and I wasn't going to get my hopes up of anything happening again until at least mid-January and probably not until Spring.

But it wasn't so uncanny after all, as 11 o'clock came and went, then noon, then 1... those nasty New Yorkers blew me off. Heh. I've heard that about those people.

Kmart was mobbed. There were quite a few people wanting help with Christmas trees - yeah, I know, we're supposed to put up our trees just as soon as we've finished wrapping our Thanksgiving leftovers now - and they were getting grumpy about it.

Or maybe these were Veterans' Day trees. It's hard to tell the difference. Right now my mother has a "Thanksgiving tree." She plans to keep this tree up all year round and decorate for the occasion. What fascinates me about this is that when I considered doing something like that back in 2002, she mocked me. Oh well.

Then groceries, then Friendly's. Screw my cholesterol. Screw my weight. I had coupons that were expiring. I'll leave out the details of my shame and just say that I'm going to be eating pretty much nothing but bean-and-spinach soup and oatmeal for the next few days to atone for my sins.

Then bills and laundry. The usual. And now Desperate Housewives in Spanish, thanks to the magic of SAP.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to find out more on how my Taster's Choice got replaced by Folger's Crystals via an elaborate, multistep process that couldn't have been an accident... but once again, I'm going to try not to get my hopes up.

It's almost 10:00 now - time for cartoons. (I love the new "Xavier"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog is pretty close to being dead, I am moderating all comments.