Sunday, May 11, 2008

30 Feet and It Kills

In other news, there's a gigantic centipede in my house which I haven't killed, for the following reasons:
  • If it's that big, then it must be eating really well. The thought of having that much centipede food in my house is even creepier than the centipede itself. Seriously, I wonder if centipedes eat mice.

  • Supposedly they have a painful bite. Screw that, this one's so big it could bite my fingers off.

  • It's too goddamn fast to catch.
I reserve the right to change my mind at any time; I've got a can of bug spray that's just itching to be used.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps a trap?

    http://www.planetnatural.com/site/insect-magnet.html?id=qtGAeUQ5:134.88.242.200

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I love the artwork on the package. The roach is bigger than the centipede and the scorpion!

    If I have more than one sighting per week, I will definitely turn to traps and some preventive spraying. (I suspect the poison-based traps might be more humane, but I'll look into it.)

    Until then, as long as the footie keeps a low profile, he's welcome to feast on all the critters he can find.

    Honestly. I harbored some VERY large huntsman spiders in FL because I knew they were earning their keep, plus they tended to stay still, which to me is less upsetting than seeing big fuzzy things scurrying across the floor at lightspeed.

    I did have some kind of big spider here a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen her in a while, and I think I know what happened to her. :(

    Eight legs is my limit, even for beneficial predators. If you have more than eight legs, you're going to have to be really discreet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, ugh, ugh there is very little that disgusts me more than those centipedes. James can confirm that. They are one of the few things that sends me screaming from a room.

    ReplyDelete

Since this blog is pretty close to being dead, I am moderating all comments.