Monday, January 19, 2009

Slightly less dire than originally thought

Turns out that my unemployment payments in Massachusetts will be much higher (more than double) what they were in Florida, so I may be able to stay afloat a little longer than I had expected.

I probably won't be able to stay afloat without a job for as long as I did in FL, though, because I no longer have any savings and the cost of living is a lot higher.

Still, it was a big relief to find out that it wasn't as bleak as I had first thought.

On another note, please check out Look Around You at 1:00 and 1:15 AM Sunday nights (Monday mornings) on the Cartoon Channel. It's weird and funny beyond belief, but it's not violent or crazy. It's a live-action, very dry British parody of educational films circa 1980. There's a website, too.

Last night's episodes were "Maths" and "Water," below. (I thought "Water" was the funnier of the two.)

1 comment:

Since this blog is pretty close to being dead, I am moderating all comments.