Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pool of doom

This happened in several stages over the last week or so. (Contrast with this, taken during the summer.)

In some way, this reminds me of pictures of the dilapidated structures at Lincoln Park, Rocky Point, and The Gobbler (long story, and no I never went there). Once the focal point of a happy family's fun, it's now a dangerous eyesore.

I wonder if my neighbor will pay someone to take care of it now, or if she'll just let nature continue to take its toll. Her husband died years ago; her older son is still in jail (knock on wood), and her younger son lives in a home for adults with Down syndrome. It must break her heart to see this thing in her yard every day, but it's probably expensive to get rid of it professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog is pretty close to being dead, I am moderating all comments.